About Me

My photo
My name is Erin Schillo and I am a Cloth Diaper Consultant for Everything Birth! I help people sort through the miriad of cloth diaper options and help them chose which diaper(s) will work best for their family. I can help you with your online registry, host local diaper parties where you can touch and see the diapers first hand, and offer FREE personal consultations (in person and online). I have a wonderful husband, Greg, who is VERY supportive of our choice to cloth diaper. He LOVES the cost savings because he's an accountant! We have a daughter, Savanna, who was born on April 10, 2010 and a son on the way, due March 8, 2012.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Fuzzibunz One Size Elite, works for us, but may not work for you!


We switched over our entire stash to these diapers when they came out, we love them. But, each diaper has it's pros and cons, which is why having diaper consultants like us is SUPER exciting. Elite's work for us, but they may not work for you! One thing I've been hearing lately is that the waist elastic doesn't adjust out far enough, and babies with very large bellies are getting red marks on their back on the largest setting starting at only 15lbs. I was shocked, my daughter is 26lbs and she doesn't get those red marks.
I got to thinking about how to solve this. There has to be a way. I came up with an idea of switching out the waist elastic with one of the spare LEG elastics. The leg elastics are longer than the waist, so you can adjust it out further!!

Keep in mind that each diaper is going to fit each baby different. If something doesn't work, the GREAT thing about cloth diapers is their ability to keep their value. You know what I did when Grovia's didn't fit our daughter anymore? Sold them for about 80% of what I bought them for.
Don't be scared to try something just because the diaper didn't work for a few people. Or better yet, if your LO is already here, contact a consultant and bring your baby with you. I had a consult yesterday with an adorable 3 month old girl. She got to actually try the diapers on her (over top her disposables) to see what fit best!!

Check out www.diaperparties.com to get in touch with a consultant!

No comments:

Post a Comment